Friday, December 5, 2008

I just dented my spoon up pretty bad hitting eighth notes out of it on a tea kettle lid for a really long time. I better wipe that off and make sure I don't get any metal shavings in my next batch of tea.
But I just made the most INSANE, crazy song I've ever made possibly. Since I got here in Japan, I've just been getting more and more expressive with my vocal cords and any other ways of expressing my psyche. I suspect influence from the amazing things I've seen in Osaka when people get in touch with themselves and just go absolutely crazy. This is insane.
Literally, I just recorded myself over a guitar track, then a rhythm track that raised the energy and craziness a little by giving the thing some beat. Then I basically recorded myself going crazy to the rhythm. Over. And over and over again. And then I was crying out and flipping out to the amazing beauty and sheer myselfness of the song. And then that became part of the song and I just kept recording myself reacting to my music/myself and the emotions grew stronger and more intense and just kept piling onto each other until it was a big ball of concentrated emotions and state of mind that I was in waving my arms around, over my head, in front of my face, a beanie pulled down to cover my eyes, my feet stomping to the rhythm, and
it was.
It was amazing. I'm looking forward to the future. I can only imagine how awesome it would be to match this newly blooming me with people who's being jives with me. This is not music.

3 comments:

Dan said...

NOT THE SPOOOOOOOOOOON

Did you ever watch the Tick? His battle cry was SPOOOOOOOOON.

Anyway, upload that shit. I wanna hear it and start freaking out at work.

waldmart789 said...

hey kind of like those spoons that I ruined with you and mike that one time...

I..... I second the motion?

Popeye said...

hey, that is awesome! -joolie