Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This weekend

I cannot describe all the things I felt and experienced this weekend in words.
Maybe if I was physically near you, I could scream or flail or hum tranquilly or lay calmly on my side, or on you, and that might get my emotions across to a degree.
So many things inspired me, musically and generally life-wise, in such profound, enjoyable ways.

Really, I met such amazingly friendly and kind people, it made me want even more to be able to be a really friendly and kind person. And then the music! Oh man, that was just...incredible. Haha, I'm really tired because I've been working with two students all last week and this on their English speeches and last night I just found out that I will be performing three songs, one of which is an English of my choosing and that is presumed to be my specialty (I haven't played other people's music besides that Blur song for like the past two years, so...), this Sunday with a local band in front of the entire city (which includes three towns besides mine) for an International Festival. That plus moving all over different schools all the time giving different lesson plans, talking a lot to classes while trying to keep their attention, and such has made my schedule pretty, uh,...full.

BUT, things are good, and with some not taking things, like myself, so seriously (something I've been figuring out), I should be able to sail through this cooly like a ship high in the lightly cloudy skies.

Maybe I'll tell more about the music festival this weekend at another time and put some pictures up. For now, I'll just say...whoa, wow, yes, YES, YES!, AWESOME!, I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY JUST DID THAT!, I've NEVER heard that kind of music before in my life!, I am inspired being belief!, I cannot wait to do more.

No comments: