Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ooh!

Okay, I've got until September 2011 to finish reading the first two volumes of Murakami Haruki's 1Q84 before the English translation comes out! And maybe a little more time after that until the English translation for the not-yet-released third volume comes out.

Actually, after reading that long Muri and then the short Kinosaki Ni Te, written in 1917 Japanese, going through Murakami's book has been pretty easy. Especially since I've taken the approach of just looking up words when I need to, instead of making a vocabulary notebook along the way. So, I finished the second chapter, which I was on before I stopped, reading about 16 pages in two days, so I think I should be able to do this much sooner than September 2011.

Also, I've been getting more and more inspiration to write my own books. I have two in mind, now. Neat.

*Teasi - Sando (album)*

P.S. Harry Gamboa Jr. just released a book called "Rider" that sounds really, really interesting and I want to read it, but I kept my self-discipline and didn't order it over to Japan because it's going to be expensive to ship back to the U.S. and I don't want to interrupt my Murakami reading anymore anyways.

:)

No comments: