Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oh man!

Oh man, I just made the best meal I've made in a long time! That was so good! I was just possessed with a sudden, quickly growing urge to make a good late lunch-early dinner, and it turned out aawwesomely. Mm, saba (mackeral) with a quickly done katsuo (bonita)-base shitake soup, freshly grated daikon (white radish) with ponzu (um...) on top, and warmed up rice. Oh my gosh, that was so good. I am happy and satisfied. I'm happy to have what seems to be a natural instinct to survive that makes me get really interested in cooking when I don't have a lot of money.

I wrote some character lists and story outlines today at the mall for one of the stories I'm thinking about. That's when the urge to eat/cook hit me! And I also saw one of my old elementary school students who was in 4th grade, I think, when I taught him. He was with his Mom when he turned around on the escalator, saw me, and instantly started smiling really widely and waving energetically! I did the same!

I've got an invitation to go to someone in town's house for dinner tonight, and though I'm pretty filled up, I have very little doubt I'll be able to eat a whole other full meal. Mmm :)

No comments: