Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tonight is so beautiful.

I drove up and parked in the garage of the friend who's house I'm staying at for now, got out of the car, turned around, and saw a huge field across the road covered in a light frost of snow. A jeep, parked slanted downwards, poised as if about to enter the spread of white-frosted little hills, also was covered in a coat of thick white dust. Further behind, a brown-white wooden house stood tall and widely, a single light on the second floor shining a yellow beam in all directions out of a wide window. I wondered how it could all be light up so brightly and clear to see, and upon wondering if it was a full moon looked up to see the majestic whole shape floating through curls and a mist of cloudy air. I gazed.

I took a walk down to a little structure, low to the ground and covered some kind of sheet, with a blue light shining out of or down onto it. As I approached I saw the yellow underneath and a nice light brown ground. There were sticks sticking out of it, reaching a short distance up in the air. Maybe they're for gridding or giving a foundation for some kind of construction. I didn't see any vegetables, so maybe it wasn't a little garden. The yellow light from below made a somehow amazing and beautiful blue beam spread out of the top, though.

I thought how cool it would be to live in one of these huge houses off a side road from the highway, removed from neighbors and others and pretty much everything, with just an amazing view and the ability to see and be right in beautiful nature ('s landscapes) at just a feeling. I thought, man, I could live here for a while, in one of these houses. Then I thought, wait, they are reasons why living here makes you miss the city, don't get too carried away. But still. It's nice to think about. Maybe if I had my band with me together in the house? The fantasy kind of went away, and I let it go. It was better to enjoy the feeling of being there then, in the midst of all this, and just...be.

No comments: