Friday, June 12, 2009

Good Morning Sunshine

Just came out of a car's radio four stories below.

I noticed the other day a unique kind of peace in the air that I had never before experienced in my life at home, and that was: there were no helicopters flying in the air above me. Back in L.A., I had come to think of police helicopters flying above me no matter where I was - my backyard, a show, my grandma's house - as something that just was (though I had never stopped being bothered by it). Last night, as I walked around a dark, people-less river area looking for fireflies, I noticed that I had slipped into a very special, thin sheet of silence in which the only man-made sounds were the low roars of cars as they sped down the nearby road. There were no helicopters flying above me, chopping the air, shining their floodlights, and hovering over people. I thought, Wow, I could get used to this; this is really nice. I woke up today and feel very at peace.

No comments: