Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I wrote a post

(Victor Jara, "Pongo En Tus Manos Abiertas")

I wrote a post

but damn all my posts seem to come out so seriously and sometimes I feel like I might just be making all my friends and family think I'm constantly depressed or something.

So, I'll just say

I have an apartment until I leave for L.A. in late August. I might stay in L.A. and I might go back to Japan. I am learning so much it's incredible! I'm looking forward to seeing everybody.

I'm becoming pretty sure that I want to go to grad school sometime soon, if even just for the Masters Degree at first.

Right now, I'm planning on living in a Spanish-speaking country for half a year to a year before I go back to school, though, probably Chile, Peru, or Bolivia.

I'm just learning so much in the "real" world and outside of academia, working and in charge of everything in my life, I feel like it might not be time to go back quite yet.

But therein lies the quandry...sticking around in Japan where I can probably get a pretty decent English-teaching gig working with kids for another year, finding a way to live in one of those Latin American countries I listed above, and getting going on grad school...are three factors to mix around in this drink of life I'll have these next couple years. Of course, there's always the fact that plans never go...according to plan...(^o^). I'll not stress out about it.

So, I guess that was kind of more like a "State of Me," rather than anything really deep or connective to you all, so sorry, but hey, it's kind of nice to hear what I'm planning and that kind of stuff, sometimes too, right? Plus, it's not too heavy.

There's a nice breeze coming in through my open window-door.

I really recommend reading this:
http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/jaraunfinsong.html

Do I ever write any posts anymore that aren't labeled under "thinking"?

No comments: