Sunday, July 19, 2009

Night Yudachi

(Smokey & Miho, Summer Rain)

Night yudachi watching. A yudachi is a usually sudden downpour that happens in the summer in Japan. They've been happening on and off all day long here, and the one going on now seems like it's going to be lasting quite a while.


















































































































One of my favorite things to do since I got to this apartment has been to sit out on the step that forms where the inside floor meets the balcony and watch the weather - the sunset, the sunrise, storms, snowy landscapes.

Now, it appears the fates have seen fit to bless me with at least this one, beautiful summer rainstorm before I move on from this to another place. This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, experienced, and been in from this view.

1 comment:

waldmart789 said...

Hey I think this is the first picture I've seen of your neighborhood.