Monday, August 17, 2009

'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' by Marcia Griffiths

is a song I'm really into right now.

I got bit freaking hardcore by a friend's bunny I'm taking care of for her. What the heck.
Couldn't get the thing back in its cage for like an hour cuz it would attack me every time I got close to it. Considering not letting it out of its cage today and just dropping some food in from the top of the cage...what's the worst that can happen?

Tom Waits' 'Clap Hands' is also amazing and just so good. That whole album, 'Rain Dogs,' is really good, though it's conjures up a lot of imagery about exotic 'other' races and white people going into their domain and losing their mind. Reminded me of the end of 'Apocalypse Now' when the white people go into the insane realm of Blacks, drugs, Vietnamese, and religious rituals and go crazy.

I should read 'Heart of Darkness.'

Songs I really like this morning:
'Dreamland' ~ Marcia Griffiths
'This Life Makes Me Wonder' ~ Delroy Wilson
'Government Man ' ~ Christel & the Goldmaster Allstars
'Dread Are The Controller' ~ Linval Thompson
'Mr. Wicked Man' ~ Linval Thompson
'Jah Jah Me No Born Yah' ~ Cornell Campbell
'Every Day Is Like A Holiday' ~ The Sensations

Time to clean up.

No comments: