Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Satisfying Lunch

A satisfying homemade lunch was had today by me.  (I forgot to take pictures. I was really hungry.)

Takikomi Gohan (Basically rice cooked along with other things like warabi, shimeji mushrooms, and other goodies)
















Tofu with ponzu and sesame seeds (Sudachi is so the best.) (Like this but with just the sauce and sesame seeds sprinkled on top, sans the onion)
















Bancha hand-picked by one of my old elementary school's English teacher















Plus, Korean seaweed over a month expired from my trip last spring! (Sorry the picture's kind of bad, but this is the exact kind I bought! Made with olive oil!, ahhh, drool)














Psh, expiration dates shmexpiration dates, that seaweed was delicious.

All with a nice soundtrack of ? and the Mysterians, the Kinks, Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, Charlie Feathers, Chuck Berry, and Ricky Nelson.

No comments: