Thursday, December 3, 2009

Always Sunny in Philadelphia Foils

Oh my gosh, whenever I try to sit down and watch Blue Velvet by David Lynch, I keep getting sidetracked by the thought that I could actually instead watch another episode of Always Sunny in Philadelphia. And this is made easier by the fact that 1) I just downloaded the first four seasons of the show, 2) anyone who's seen a David Lynch film knows what s/he is getting into and the amount of concentration that is required when they sit down to watch one, and 3) I can eat oranges and get up to use the bathroom in the middle without feeling like I'm interrupting the show. So, today I watched like four episodes of Always Sunny. It's so funny, so freaking hilarious, but once you watch too much, you just start to feel bad because the characters are all such horrible, terrible people. Ahh.

Well, at least I got a pretty good amount of reading in John Dower's Embracing Defeat: Japan in the Wake of World War II done today. And I may have developed a pretty good system of taking notes when reading academic works, too. It started with when I was first reading 1Q84, then I used it when I started picking up Spanish studying more seriously again the other day, and now I've tried using it in a context similar to that of school research. Will it be useful again when I get to grad school...?? Methinks yes.

By the way, my fever is gone now (yippee!) and all that's left is a sore-ish throat and some mocos. But tomorrow is looking like a beautiful day (today had an amazingly cloudy, gray, and sublime cover over the world) and I'm looking forward to it.

No more t.v. for me and time to go to sleep. Also, Dead Mellotron, "Dress Rehearsal," awesome. The same goes for "Untitled," and, actually, the entire album Ghost Light Constellation is good, good, good. ;)

No comments: