Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another Awesome Thing about Japan

This:














I went into a local clinic without an appointment, was seen and diagnosed within 45 minutes, went to the pharmacy nextdoor, and got enough cough medicine, two different types of antibiotics, gargling medicine, and throat lozenges to last me forever plus a thermometer for 2,200 yen, the equivalent of about 24 dollars. Plus, I also got this neat little calendar for free.












Now, of course, I'm sure you're all wondering why I had to go to a clinic, which brings me to the not so good news. I've got some kind of fever. On the upside, though the doctor didn't tell me it was necessarily the H1N1 flu, and even said if it goes down by tomorrow with the medicine he prescribed me it might not be a full-blown flu. Good thing I caught it early. Actually, I'd had a little bit of a runny nose for a couple (to a few) weeks before, but I thought, Hey, you know, it's probably fine. And it was, until yesterday, when I actually started to feel like I had a cold. Alas, I started to feel sore and a little feverish today and I had to decide that my usual anti-sick method of drinking lots of water, eating lots of oranges, sleeping a lot, and spitting a lot wouldn't suffice anymore. I guess I showed some good judgment (for once)!

This comes at a pretty bad time (though I guess there are no good times to get a fever), when I need to schedule a driving course, meet an interesting person I met when going in for a job interview last Saturday (a fun, interesting story in itself), go see an incredible show on Sunday, and take the driver's license test (again) next Tuesday. Well, I'll just hope it's a 24-hour flu and get all the rest I can.

But, I'm fine :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.