Sunday, November 15, 2009

AHH

IIIII HAAAAATTTTEEEE THEE JAPANESEEEEEE LICENSEEE TESTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Or rather, the government's bureaucratic system that provides such a terrible environment for converting a foreign driver's license into a Japanese one.

On the bright side (there always has to be one doesn't there?), as someone who's now had to go through the process two times and gotten refused a license both times for ridiculous reasons, I now understand through experience that there really is a lot of unfairness going against non-Japanese trying to get Japanese licenses and it's not just because they're too arrogant to try to understand how to interact with the culture and society to get the best result. On a wider scale, I learned another lesson on not judging anybody, especially when I haven't experienced what they've experienced myself.

The process of converting a driver's license from a foreign country into a Japanese one sucks, whether you try to do things the Japanese way or not. Damn it. What a shitty day. I wonder if I can turn it around, and if I can get more positive feelings out of the past 10 hours I just spent going through that extremely frustrating process.

1 comment:

waldmart789 said...

Man... well that sucks.... You should come get the job done in Tokushima... The country's worst drivers, and (not surprisingly) one of the country's most lenient DMVs....