Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Song



This song is my existence right now.

At first I thought the video this person made for it was just okay, but it grows on me every time I see it. In the roughly 12 hours since I first heard this song, it rocketed to my number-one listened to song on my music playing program, outstripping all the other songs I've been listening to since the summer at over 50 plays. Hah. Wow. So now you can understand a bit more what I mean by it being my existence. It is all around me, all the time, and defining and shaping and molding my mood. To something much more and higher. And yet so definitely from something within.

I suppose it's natural that a song like this would totally take me to heaven, right while I'm in the midst of my (first ever) late 50s-to-late 60s obsession/basin of swirling feeling and emotion. That sound, plus the washy, distortion-laden world of sound, the overdriven cooing, and the swaying beat...it all just feels so good. And so L.A. And so nostalgic. And, just so, good.

No comments: