Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cleaning Day

Today, I woke up with a nagging stomach which served as a reminder to me throughout the day: I am not a candy-eater. Even as a child, after Trick-or-Treating, my sister and I would come home and check our candy, eat a few pieces with my parents, and save almost the entire haul from the night for later. Which meant we never ate nearly any of it and it just went bad, hah. We just weren't raised eating a lot of sweet foods and candies, so I don't really go it now. Which is why, when I scarfed down I don't even know how many chips and chocolates last night that some of the JETs had bought for our Halloween movie night, I felt fine and happy then, then oo and ouf today. And with no Sprite or 7-Up in the fridge...??

At any rate, I didn't let some little tantrum thrown by my stomach get me down! I practiced koto, hung my blankets and sheets to air out, and did two loads of laundry! I actually was a little reluctant to do much cleaning and organizing the house today, but by nightfall, just about half an hour ago, I had cleaned up my kitchen, including the rice steam goo brown stuff that had collected in the ridges of the rice cooker, cleaned the living room off any stuff (and I mean like really...there is nothing in my living room now except like a couch and a table), and made my room cozier. I also finally made that big empty room I usually just hang my laundry up in with a big table that I also just put laundry on my music room, and now a koto lays majestically across it's length.

Well, it's time to take a shower and start my day. Tonight.

1 comment:

Dan said...

sad, yo. I need candy all the time; it's a coping mechanism. This way I won't resort to smoking to deal with all the stress of teaching horny little middle school boys.