Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mmm

I had planned on practicing koto for an hour if I could and just finished practicing it for about two hours right now. This Sunday is going to be awesome. It doesn't even hurt to pick those soft notes with my ring finger really anymore; I've just got this hard little bump on there instead. I'm glad; I've actually been able to practice pretty regularly, almost every day for the past few days, excluding two (or maybe three). In any case, I'm happy I was able to commit some regular time to learning this piece and devote a good hour to hour and a half for five or so days over the past week or so. It really is amazing how much it helps to practice everyday. The piece just comes right back to you from the day before so much more easily and with such familiarity. I've been getting to know the instrument so well, which is what I've really been wanting to do. It wasn't even very hard to get myself motivated and into regular practice. I just did and from there on I was in routine. It makes me feel like I can get into this instrument and the musical world of which it is a part.

I'm looking forward to playing some guitar again, after the performance is over. I was really getting into a musical gear with it before I focused on the koto. Life is wonderful.

No comments: