Thursday, October 29, 2009

I made okonomiyaki today.

I made okonomiyaki today.




















I put bacon and kimchi in it. It was good, if I do say so myself :)

Tonight was the third time I've bought and cooked with meat (after using shrimp in my fried rice two times). I really thought about it for a long time and almost didn't buy it, but I didn't want to just put kimchi in the okonomiyaki, and after not being able to find any blocks of mochi, I felt time's pull and just went with the pork. It tasted good, though. Maybe cooking with and eating meat is like murder, and it gets easier every time.

Really, though, it feels good to be getting a handle on basic cooking now. Once you get the sense of things, you can pretty much carry it into anything else and even stuff you thought was completely unrelated to stuff you've made before becomes easier. That was a long sentence.

No update for a while, huh. Sorry 'bout that.

Tonight, I felt the mood again. That mysterious mood that seems to come on when the lights are low (this time, I had just a lamp on my desk switched on). I felt it (listening to Lotus Plaza and Deerhunter), overcame a temptation to laziness, and felt better for it! I took out my Spanish newspapers, which I had been using for practice, and drew on them with pens and colored pencils. It's back! So, now I have some new decorations to put up around the place, in addition to my Rody sheet and unagi-don (teriyaki eel rice bowl) poster. Mmm.

No comments: