Monday, October 5, 2009

Mm

Haha, well, I meant that last post to be a self-deprecating joke more than anything else (you know how I love those), so I hope no one thought I was like depressed and cursing the day which bore me.

In other news, I have been making this a lot lately. With only one new kitchen item, my new stock of corn tortillas from home, I can make this, my POWER BREAKFAST!!
















And with a little more extra something I brought from home...SUPER SALSA POWER BREAKFAST!!
















Just bought a new fresh batch of eggs and potatoes last night, so these babies are going to be making their appearances very often now. Mmm. Nothing transforms some normal, everyday scrambled eggs like some good, fried tortilla strips. Ironically, since I started eating these, the situation described above and in the last post began to develop (or decompose?) into a more confusing state, so maybe these delicious meals have actually sucked my power rather than given it to me, like some sort of mouth-watering, digestible succubus. Worth it? Hmm...

Also, I just applied to a job as an officer worker at an international center in the nearby biggish town. It would be really cool if I could get it; the only thing is this is like an actual...Japanese job. I'm going to be competing with Japanese people for this job. Granted they'll be other college students and recent college grads, but that still kicks the difficulty level up quite a bit (Haha, when I first saw that, I thought, 'Oh well, that'll work to my advantage since I'm not straight out of college!' Next thought: 'Uh...you're still not much different.'). I sent in the application yesterday, but in one month I'm going to have to take two tests: an English exam (in Japanese), and a general education test...in Japanese! So, I better get studying for that last one. From what I've seen of books that help you prepare for those...it looks a wee bit challenging for a non-native Japanese speaker. We'll see, though. The pay isn't even that great, but the job looks really interesting and I need anything I can get.

Besides that, I've been doing private tutoring for the past 10 days or so at about 20 bucks an hour, one hour a day. That has been awesome! Basically like hanging out with a friend and helping her with English conversation and interview practice for an hour. If I could get enough people to be able to make a secure living off of that, well that would just be fine with me. I don't need a lot of money, just an interesting job and enough finances to keep me stable while allowing for some fun things. I suppose I'll get going on those fliers and cards now then!

A friend of mine who works at a nearby restaurant recently saw me writing in my journal while eating there and asked me about it - I realized: I write in my journal nearly every single day. I've been writing in a journal since I was a kid, and especially often since I got to college, and since I went to study abroad. Every once and a while I look back on an older journal and see what I was thinking. Haha. It's interesting. Before, I would often write with the idea of keeping a record of things. Since coming to Japan this time, I've written often to alleviate the loneliness of not having anyone to talk to (more around this time last year up until winter) and now to guide me through and help me think out the situations I find myself in. Writing in my journal has really become an anchor in my life. And I like it.

1 comment:

Popeye said...

cool! journaling is a neat exercise. maybe i will do that again...