Sunday, October 11, 2009

International Day of Solidarity with Indigenous People

I wish I could be in L.A. for International Day of Solidarity with Indigenous People.

I like Venezuela's take on the day - Day of Indigenous Resistance.

I've actually been thinking a lot lately about the legacy of pain that Europeans' conquest of the globe has left for the hundreds of years up to now, and the way it is directly connected to the mire non-white people, particularly of the Americas, must tear themselves out of today. It's incredible, and incredibly sad. Yet, for some reason, it feels like right now there is some sort of hope.

These kinds of thoughts make me feel like I really should take my future in the direction of understanding how to contribute to doing away with the order of normalized racist atrocities we live in now and move us on toward a new, healthier, freer way of being. If now is the time, then what can I do?

No comments: